Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have a problem with internet explorer on an XP in Dell. This laptop also has AOL installed.

Now, in internet explorer , When I type in any web address, say google.com, it says error in displaying page. But it does not detect any connection problem. In fact, AOL explorer works. Just microsoft internet explorer and aol computer check up does not work.I tried the microsoft recommended method of deleting cookies, - that did not work.

I tried, restore to a previous point, that didn't work. I also tried uninstalling explorer 7.0 and then reinstalling, it still didn't work.
For whatever it's worth, when I tried to uninstall the 7.0. I couldn't uninstall the default explorer version that 's already in the laptop.

My friend said it maybe a configuration error - but how can it be the case if I already tried uninstalling it? And by the way, the AOL explorer works while internet explorer doesn't.

Please shed some light on this and share methods on how I can find out what the root of the problem is, and how to fix it!~Many Thanks!

Dee

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.