Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last system had Windows XP. The one I am on now is a step back in time and I am again using Windows ME. When I am using the Internet, pop up windows are ALWAYS minimized. I have check the Internet Explorer options and can not find where to select to have all pop ups open in a MAXIMIZED window (at least those pop ups that are actual web pages that I navigate from other pages). Is there a setting within Windows ME that I can change?

Thanks in advance,

Charles

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
2 methods (found at the cnet forum)
The next time you get one of the smaller windows, maximize it by clicking on the 'maximize' button on the top-right of the window. Once you have the window maximized, hold down the shift key and close the window by clicking on the 'close' button on the top-right of the window. Proceed to close all of your other IE windows as well. If all goes well, the next time you get a webpage link it should be maximized.
Right click the shortcut icon for IE next to the Start button, choose Properties, change it from 'normal' to 'maximized'. Now open it. Now right click any link on the page, choose Open In New Window....don't maximize it....instead, use the mouse to resize it to what you want it to be. Now close the FIRST window you opened, and then close the new one you just resized. Reopen IE from the shortcut icon again, and all windows from now on will be the size you chose and created.
AutoSizer http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
Works for all windows, not just Internet Explorer. But if you can fix the problem using the above methods, you won't need to install this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.