Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on a network of 2 computers hooked throught a BEFSR41 version 3 router. My internet and messaging service works. I can play games on the internet and other things with no problem. But when i try to login to my Yahoo mail account or other things similar(for example ive been filling out college applications) but when i click the button to log in, or i click my index... the page loads for awhile and then it gives me the Page cannot be displayed error. Anyone had this problem or know the fix, it would be great! Thanks

P.S. Windows Xp, Bellsouth Enternet DSL service.

·
ID10T Circuit replacement
1,038 Posts
If you are using internet explorer, click help then about.

Make sure that the cipher strength is 128 bits. I am guessing that the yahoo sites and others start with https:// instead of http://.

Your may need to upgrade to the 128 bit encryption to enter these sites correctly.
(The padlock will show in the bottom of IE if you have the view status enabled)

If this isn't it, make sure that you are not blocking outgoing port 443 on the router.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Well i checked and it says 128 mb encryption or whatever... and i dont show any ports blocked from my router.. there isnt really a page for blocked ports or stuff, ect... so im not sure

·
1,038 Posts
if the router is "default" out of the box, it shouldn't block but if it has been "played" with, it may have something changed.

Try going to internet options and security. Click each icon (Internet,Local Intranet, etc) Restore the defaults, click apply then ok, close IE then try again....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thinik it has something to do with the router because when at school or on a computer at a friends house, it works fine. But this computer and the other computer have problems with accessing the same sites. I think its a router problem, or a setting that needs to be changed to help fit a router and work with a router.. if you know please let me know.

P.S. thanks for all your help

·
1,038 Posts
What router do you have. Make, model, version.

·
1,038 Posts
Go to linksys and download the latest firmware. Also do a factory reset on the router and try again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok ive already done a factory reset several times with no luck.. and i updated the firmware with no luck.... Also.. i realized that the problem doesnt show on Security sites... just a select few sites... I.E. Some college applications.. or especially going to my yahoo mail... If ya know what other steps i could take let me know!.... thanks for all your help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.