Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:upset: im not sure how but the wife downloaded something and now when ever i open explorer to get online i get "fortunecity" homepage. and i cant get rid of it. i went throught the internet options and changed homepage and that works til the computer is turned off and when it boots back up "fortunecity " page comes back. not sure how to get it to stop returning as homepage

S

·
0 Posts
Hello oneloridr And Welcome to Tech Support Forums...:D

Look in all of the startup folders and see if it is in there, If it is delete it....:winkgrin:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Tools/ internet options or control panel/ internet options. You set your home page in there.

What you did was click on "make bla bla bla my homepage?"

Sometimes they kinda sneak that in there.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
A lot of times if you homepage resets after a reboot, there is some spyware on your computer. Just go HERE to get some software that will search your computer for known spyware and remove it.

BTW, welcome to the forums!!! :wave:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how

i downloaded the program and it scanned my drive and it brought up a ton of stuff what do i look for to delete?? how will i know what i can delete and what i cant???

start up folders were empty

i really appreciate everyones help.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
You can safely delete everything ad-aware found. You can make a back-up of the files (from the ad-aware program) just before you remove them just in case.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tried that

tries that scanned the pc and deleted everything it found and it is still there when computer is restarted that homepage automatically is used

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
If you are comfortable with editing the registry, you can try some suggestions HERE

Bv

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
finally

the msconfig thing at the end worked i found the one causing the problem and unchecked the box. do i delete it or leave it there unchecked???

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Fourtune City is a annoying home page...go into your control panel under ad remove programs...you should see some programs that dont belong....until you remove thoes your going to continue to have the problem....remove what doesnt belong...if your not sure post here and well tell you....also there is probley a search bar in IE....

check out www,PChell.com ...they have good removal instructions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.