Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there- am new to the boards.

Am doing a years placement at a school + a few of the computers which are (win 2k and ie6) are experiencing a few difficulties within Internet Explorer.

Basically in the address bar if you type in for example the website www.bbc.co.uk it will not go to the website- it doesnt do anything. However if you type in http:\\www.bbc.co.uk then it will go to the website. SO in other words unless the protocol (http) is typed in before the website it wont link.

This has left me and my colleagues baffled and obviously causes more work for us when students come up and say my Internet Explorer isnt working! :upset:

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thank u!

·
Registered
28 Posts
all u have to do is upgrade your internet explorer, if u havent figured that out by now than ur not a very good computer technician

·
Registered
41 Posts
PhilD

Welcome to the boards! Please excuse hppg1287. He isn't the typical type of guy who hangs around here. Look his name up and see some of his other posts and you will be able to get an idea of what type of a person he is.

With that said, I wish I knew exactly what your problem is but sadly I don't. You might try reinstalling the Internet Explorer on the computers with the problems. There are a lot of times when I can't pin down a specific problem I just reinstall the software and it resets everything to default. Sorry I couldn't be of further help and I hope your future experiences on these boards are more pleasant than your initial one was.

·
Registered
28 Posts
fyi mr. marine, i KNOW phil, we are good FRIENDS, y'know, someone who likes you, no u probably don't. he knows i was just kidding around with him, that was a pretty nice try to pin me down there! really, the only problem i have is with overly prideful people like u.

·
Registered
41 Posts
OK if you are going to call me "Marine" make sure you capitilize the first letter in the word. I have noticed from reading your posts that it's pretty easy for you to ask other people for help. But I haven't seen a post that you have made that has been benificial to anyone on these boards. You admit that you don't know much about computers. Yet you still find time to belittle the people here that are honestly trying to help. You should be embarrassed about your shameful behavior. I wish your parents could see what you post around here. I think that you need a nice dose of REALITY. It's easy for you to come in here and say the things that you do because you know that there isn't any way for me to confront you about it other than to reply to your messeges. If we were face to face and you talked to me like that, it would be a totally different story. I think that the Tech Support Forums community can see the type of person you are. You are making more clear with each messege you post .

·
Registered
28 Posts
if u havent noticed, he is the only person ive ever tried to help, and i was teasing him as a friend. its very odd, u wanting to meet me face to face, why because u want to beat the crap out of me? how can u think u are a good person after that? i only go on these boards for help, not to make fun of people, but u are an exception, and in case u havent realized u replying to my posts is putting u in the same category u think i'm in, and how dare u bring my PARENTS into this. who do u think u are?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wouldn't "beat the crap out of you" if I saw you. I am merely stating that even the most disrespectful kids tend to be a bit more cautious about what they say to an adult whenever the person they are talking about is standing right in front of them. It seems to me like you could use a good paddling. Maybe that would straighten you out a bit. But who am I to tell people how to raise their kids? By the way I read through what you have posted and I haven't seen anything you have written that was helpful to anyone. So why are you REALLY here? You seem like you are just a bored teenager with nothing better to do. So save us all some time and heartache. If you don't have something good to post, don't post anything at all.

Once again I know that you will come back and say that I have been harrasing you and that I think I am better than you. Or something to that effect. But I think anyone with an ounce of common sense will be able to see who the adult is in this conversation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
just by replying to my posts u are showing that u are no mature adult, and i admit im not an adult, but at least i dont claim to be, u need to examine urself while u sit there wishing u can paddle me and teach me a lesson, mabye u are the one who needs a paddling, did u ever think about that? u can just keep on telling urself that u are a mature adult, even though right now u are displaying the contrary, but watever helps u sleep at night...

·
Registered
28 Posts
you make it seem as if i solely disrespected the rules of the community, i think, looking at the posts above, that we both disrespect each other and the rules of this community, so, like our conversation, we are at a deadlock regaurding the code of conduct being broken, further addressing towards this matter is useless, NOW, hopefully, the conversation has ended.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Seems like both of you should grow up and find better things to do than carry on this meaningless child like spat. If you dont like someones reply to your thread then just consider the source and go on with your life.

This is a help forum. Nothing more! Nothing less! Right now, both of you could be trying to help others but instead you continue to waste your time on this childish disagreement when you both know very well that the other person isn't going to see things your way.

Grownups dont act like this..........why not just drop it and on to better adult things? But, I guess we can't do that huh? It might be the grown-up thing to do............sheeeeeeesh!

So, having said this, I am going to take some of my own advice and see if I can help someone with a real computer related problem.

I hope you both have a great day and help a lot of people in here today.

Good luck,

Laffctx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.