Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my custom pc build few weeks ago. everything is awesome on it upset for one issue with internet. see when i surf the net most website workd fine but than some website i go on the page just loads but than nothing happens, just freezes up. this happens sepcialy on website like facebook.com, and oher webstie where you have to long in and stuff liek that. plz help me find a solution to the problem .

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi defkickjam

Did you build the system, or did someone build it for you? If someone built it for you, and you are experiencing freezes within two weeks, you may want to contact the builder.

If you built this yourself ---

1) Have a look in the EventViewer logs to see if any errors or warnings coincide with the system unresponsiveness. (EventViewer is in the Administrative Tools in Control Panel).
2) Thoroughly scan for malware -- if you have run the PC for any extended period without the firewall or antivirus enabled, malware could be causing the trouble.
3) Try using a different browser (Firefox is fairly good) & see if the problem exists using all browsers, or just one.
4) If you are currently logging into Vista as a "limited" user, try logging on as a user with administrative rights.
5) Have you changed any of the UAC settings recently? If so, try moving them back to their default settings. A security message might be trying to display, & Vista is hanging while waiting for a reply.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

And . . . Welcome to the Tech Support Forums!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.