Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought a AMD Athlon XP 2200 with fan and heatsink, a DFI AD77 Infinity Motherboard, case, and Windows XP. I have a Diamond Viper V770u AGP video card set at 4x. I am having problems. When my processor is clocked above 1700 Mhz, I keep getting Internet Explorer errors. They are a different module each time. Sometimes they occur while clicking on a link, other times while while scrolling. If I set my processor below 1700 Mhz it seems ok. The processor is rated at 1.8 and I would like to have it running at that. Also, sometimes on reboot, the monitor will go to sleep mode and not wake back up. I then have to reboot again to reactivate it. I am new to this so thanks for you patience and help.. Any ideas guys?

Roger

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Well, it seems clear that it's a speed issue with your hardware, so your mission is to figure out which component is the problem. My top suspects would be processor overheating or defective RAM. I'd start by finding out what temperature the processor is running at, then look at the RAM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Hi,

My processor isn't overheating. I fired it up this morning and as soon as I got the desktop up. I open internet explorer. Scrolled my home page and an error popped up. CPU was cold from being off all night. How do you check the RAM? Any suggestions? The memory I have is 256MB, PC2100 266 Mhz memory. Also, I was wondering since my video card is few years old, could it be incompatible with new hardware. It is a Diamond Viper V770 Ultra. I have downloaded the latest drivers, but no difference was made. Thanks,

Roger

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
The way I check any of these parts is by substitution. I'd still investigate the CPU cooling, you should have a system monitor program that came with your MB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.