Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a windows 7 msi laptop that until recently has had no issues.
The past several weeks however, Internet Explorer closes unexpectedly multiple times when I am online. Also, I cannot open PDF files and Adobe Reader will not reinstall. iTunes won't open, and pictures won't open when I double-click them.

No error messages have shown up...the programs simply just do not open. I have the latest version of iTunes, and I am unable to download any version of a PDF file reader, but I previously had Nuance.

I have NO CLUE what to do or how to begin trying to resolve this issue, and most of my work files are PDF so this is becoming a huge problem...please help.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hello and welcome to TSF,
The first step would be to try a different browser and see if your online problems keeps happening. If you are a hardcore IE fan, see if there is an update for it. As far as your pictures and files are concerned, it might need a simple solution like Disk Defrag. Many people overlook this, but hey it works! You can also do a Disk Cleanup (also built into Windows) which clears some unnecessary junk.
Good Luck!
Carpetfizz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your help. however, ive done all of these things...new IE update, disk defrag and disk cleanup...and nothing has solved any of my problems.

what would be the next step?? please help!

·
Registered
958 Posts
You can try contacting your hardware manufacturer to see if there is some problem with the device itself. Have you been noticing some overheating issues? A good way to check is with CPU-Z or GPU-Z. Try to clean any dust that may be gathered around the fan or vent area, as that could also be restricting airflow. Try not to use compressed air because the fan can easily pop off and it will be really hard to put back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.