1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 7 and 8

When first loading IE 7 or 8, the first couple of web pages don't load whatsoever. The status bar in the bottom right shows as if it's trying to load the page, but stalls for a minute plus. After that, the progress bar will remain stalled, or it will complete, say "Done," and the entire web page will be absolutely blank. No error, no text, no nothing. Blank.

This happens with the first 3-5 web pages. We will usually get the following pages past that to load just fine, and IE will continue to work normally the rest of the day, week, etc. Still can't get it to work after I've done all that I know.

My steps checking into this problem after a clean reboot:

Deleted all temporary data in IE.
Disabled and removed Windows Accelerators.
Disabled all toolbars and extensions.
Turned off popup blocker in IE. (No other pop blocker or 3rd party firewall programs installed. I disabled Windows XP Firewall.)
Ran IE in its own safe mode.
Rebooted the computer into safe mode with networking.
Cleared SSL State. (Only on my boss's computer, as his home page is a company internal https:// site. My computer has the same symptom, and my homepage is Google.)

Since none of this worked, I clicked the reset button, setting EVERYTHING back to default. Still a no go. Frustrating as all get out. I went to Add/Remove Programs, and uninstalled IE8 from his computer. This reverted him back to IE7. Went through the same process with a no go.

I checked the properties of his network connection, and I see no other protocols installed besides the defaults. TCP/IP shows obtain addresses automatically in both fields. Second tab, "Alternate Configuration," is set to automatic as well.

So then I got nasty. I updated the AVG 8.5 Network Edition on his computer. Checked his virus vault, and it was empty. Started a slow scan. After a few hours, the scan showed only tracking cookies. No big deal. I ran CCleaner, Ad-Aware, SpyBot, Hijack This, Windows Defender, Housecall Trendmicro, Mcafee Stinger, aVast Anti-Virus, SpySweeper, Deffraggler, and CounterSpy. Nothing at all out of the ordinary. I'm completely baffled.

No help anywhere online with the same symptoms. I don't ever post on forums, but this is honestly my last hope. :4-dontkno :pray:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Well -since we now know it's definitely with IE, I'm going to have this thread moved to IE Support for you :smile:

Hopefully they can help you more.

Best of luck,

-Coolfreak

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Please go itno Add/Remove Programs and remove IE7 and revert back to IE6. Please let me know if you pages load any better using IE6.

Also have you tried running with no Add-ons? I did not see it on your list

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.