Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having this IE window with this website open up everytime I start my computer or every half hour that I am on line. The address is http://www.da.ru/closed/ and is in German. Any ideas in how I can stop this from happening would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Looks like you were a victom of Spyware, or a Trojan or something. Are you running antivirus? Also go Here!
There is a free version, get it, and run it. It will remove any Spyware on your system. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so far so good

I went there and so far so good thanks. It said I had 155 spyware programs Thanks again

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
155!! :scared:

Wow, thats the most Iv hear of at once...glad you got rid of them.

Here I was freaking our when it found 2....guess I overreacted. :D

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
did it solve your problem ???

IF not ...

do you know enough to check the registry??
What O/S are you running 98 or up hopefully

if 98 or better typr msconfig from the start run line...

tell us whats in start up!!

How did the antivirus scan go??

Go to www.antivirus.com free tools for a free scan

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did an a virus check and that was ok and the spyware check and deletion worked. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Just cleaned up a system ...was giving ALL kinds of errors

ran AD-Aware ....removed...ready for this.... 283 items...she had Kazza ,Morpheus and LimeWire on the the same machine...plus a bunch of hacking tool (spoofing, whois, tracert programs) probley getting hacked worse that anything she was doing :winkgrin:

but 283 items....damm

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Lemme guess.... ICQ...AIM...MSN??? 1 out of the three?? That's the only time I really notice when people have "hacking tools" is when they want to "get even" with someone they chatted with and didn't like or got flamed by..... :LAMER: But yeah 283 is a nice number... I'm with TTII on this one I flipped when I found a sub7 packet had hit my firewall..... needless to say I'm off the stimulants....BAD CAFFIENE BAD!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.