Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past i have come to this website and got some great help from the people here, i appreciate the help i been given, and im back again, with a brand new problem, which i cant seem to figure out at all.

Not totally sure of all the information i should be putting here, but here goes.

System: Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3
Specs: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.2 GHz 2.2 GHz, 2GB of RAM
Modem: BT Homehub 2.0
Network Adapter: Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111(P) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Driver version: 5.714.122.2009

My PC is custom built, i always connect to the internet through an ethernet cable, i have tried a few different cables, and they all do not work, but they work in my dads Xbox 360.

The internet works fine, as im using my dads laptop on the internet connection, to do this post, therefore the modem itself is not to blame.

I have tried all my software to see if its a virus or trojan which is blocking the connection, but according to those my PC is clean.

It must be a setting in the PC, but i got no idea what, its funny because my PC has not had trouble for a long time, and usually i been able to sort it myself but now im scratching my head.

I tried to reinstall the network adapter driver, but this did not work.

I am really sorry if i have not put all the necessary information, i read the post, but it did not tell me exactly what i should be putting down for this kind of problem, i am well prepared to give any information which is required.

Thanks for any help you may give me :)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
so this pc has been able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable before??

and looks like you installed a PCI-express network card?? who, did the motherboard not have a built in one...?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes its been connected through cable for a number of years now.

A friend of mine at work said i could try to reinstall the drivers, so i rolled back to the last version, downloaded the newest version from the website, then installed the version again, but it didnt work.

As far as i know, i had the same network adapter since i got it built for me about 6 years ago.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A friend has been round to see if he can fix this problem, we tried to reinstall the lan driver, and hes been looking round the settings i got, and seems pretty stumped.

Either my network adapter has stopped working or something is blocking the connection, no idea what at this time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.