Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ever since I've been on the internet, the connection just freeze , and the bytes just stop coming, every 10 minutes or so for about 2-3 minutes, driving me ****in' nuts...I mean the connection not IE5, that's fine..

don't know if it's the modem or some problem with win98, or what??

it's not the ISP as my laptop works fine on exactly the same connection.

oh yeah, also I only get a connection at 33K, even though its a 56K modem (again, laptop connects fine at 56K)

ooh, it's just done it again, got to sit here for 3 minutes now while it comes back (or reconnect which is just as big a pain in the ***)

win 98, mentor modem, elite k75sa mobo, IE5 (& previously IE4)

????

cheers

Maston

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that'd be BT (British Telecom), yeah I'm in the UK...

don't think it's anything to do with the ISP though 'cos if I take the connection out of this machine and put it in my laptop - no problems

Maston

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
yeah I was just making sure you didn't have AOL, its their software thats buggy, so you could have problems in one system and not the next....

AOL=:no:

Have you checked your modem properties and made sure that the speed settings are correct and that the sending - receiving port slider bar thing is all the way up. ( That thing in advanced ) I'm not sure what its called anymore .... its been awhile since Win98....

Anyone that wants to bail me out on this one .... feel free :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it wasn't all the way up,

I've changed it now so I'll see how it goes,

cheers
Maston

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.