Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have windows xp with service pack 2 or 3 I am not sure. I got a popup to download adobe flash player and did so. This was from a video that would not play unless I downloaded the updated version of flash player. Now my internet explorer and mozilla firefox will not open. When I click on their icons I get the hourglass momentairly then it goes away then nothing happens. I uninstalled the adobe flash playrs, it did not help. I get on the internet by opening Adobe 5.0 reader under tools then click create adobe online. This opens IE provided by yahoo. I am in Iraq sosupport is limited.
Can anyone help thanks

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
First, run AV software. If you find malware, go to the Security forum and they will help you remove it.

If that doesn't help, boot into Safe Mode with Networking and see if the browser opens.

If that makes no difference, try to download a different browser (Chrome for instance) and see if that will open fine. Use it to find an update or patch for Firefox and/or IE, or if you can't find one, reinstall one or the other browser. Also update XP to SP3 if you don't have that.

Failing all that I suggest using System Restore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.