Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi...
i'm tryin to connect my sis's comp to my comp.. so i could gain access to her files and she can do so to mine as well...

for the internet... we use a lynksis router... so we can both log onto the net...

the thing is... when i setup the internal file sharing (via my network neighborhood) by using the windows setup... it does not work... after i've created the setup disk and run it on my sis comp.... we both use win xp, but mine is in another language... and my sis's is in english...

oh and one more thing... how do i see my sis's icon on my network neighborhood? cuz before.. i was a client of my sis's comp in order to gain excess to the internet... but i coulnd't see her on my neighborhood... so i'm just askin in advance.. just in case...

so any help or suggestions?

thanx~

·
Registered
15 Posts
As far as im aware, Network Neighbourhood will only list other machines that are in the same language as the current machine, to find if this is true open an Explorer Window (Windows Key + E) and type \\CompName (where CompName is your sisters computer name) and see if you are presented with a list of shares. If this fails, try a ping to her machine to see if a connection is present at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.