Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i'm edz...45 yrs old... that old ha? anyway, i need your help. i got this p4 computer with an asus page mx board & sis video card. trouble started when square patches started to appear on my monitor. tried to re-seat the video card & worked fine for a few minutes then suddenly went blank screen. then i removed the video card & used the built in video instead. it booted but won't load windows coz it's saying something like a corrupted dll or something. then i reseated the ide cables & power cables and rebooted again but nothing showed on my screen anymore. then i noticed that the power seems to go intermittent (like on, off, on, off continuously and won't stop (even the processor fan acts same way). i checked the power button & it was never stuck. i thought it was the power supply but when i removed the 4pin atx 12 volts on the mother, the computer went on & power seems okay (but of course it didn't boot). when i reconnected the 4pin plug again on the board then power on the computer, it still is powering up intermittently non stop. pls help. i'm not a techinician but i understand a little about hardwares. thank you so much & hoping to hear from you soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when you switched to onboard,did you set the bios to onboard
does it boot into safe mode
no i do not have access to another ps and i didn't changed the bios set up. anyway, i really can't understand coz after a day or two when i have already given up on it.... i booted the computer again and it was working. then i have to reinstalled the os once again. it's working fine right now but when i closed the case, it started all over so i reseated everything that is connected. it's now doing alright. i just hope it last. any comment on what really is happening?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Is the power supply fan spinning? If not the psu is overheating time for a new one.

Can you enter bios long enough to get the voltages and report them here?

If so list the +3.3V, +5V and +12V

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
but when i removed the 4pin atx 12 volts on the mother, the computer went on & power seems okay (but of course it didn't boot). when i reconnected the 4pin plug again on the board then power on the computer, it still is powering up intermittently non stop.
Take the side off again, look at the capacitors closely for any leaking or bulged caps. But we need the info written on the side of the power supply, age included.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.