Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the strangest issue that I cannot understand at all. A few nights ago, Fios went down at around midnight, the next day when I came home from work, I've been having a very specific issue on just my PC with a wired connection. The devices connected with Wi-Fi do not have this issue.

I'm using the Verizon Fios Router G3100 for reference.

Only using Windows Defender for Anti-Virus and Firewall usage.

I seem to have issues where pages won't load after every other page. They won't even attempt to load until I refresh the page once or twice. Uploading images as attachments or to something like discord takes ages and sometimes just fails. It took me 3 attempts to attach the txt file to this. I struggle sometimes to connect to live chats in streams and such, and various apps, such as steam, will randomly tell me I have no connection.

Attachments

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,547 Posts
Start by trying a different Ethernet Cable.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,227 Posts
Unplug the power to the Router and wait a few seconds, then plug it in. Wait a few minutes for all the lights to come back on. Restart the computer while waiting.
When the computer comes back up, Start a Command Prompt as Admin and type the following Bold commands press Enter after each one.

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig / renew

See if that fixes the problem

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm having the strangest issue that I cannot understand at all. A few nights ago, Fios went down at around midnight, the next day when I came home from work, I've been having a very specific issue on just my PC with a wired connection. The devices connected with Wi-Fi do not have this issue.

I'm using the Verizon Fios Router G3100 for reference.

Only using Windows Defender for Anti-Virus and Firewall usage.

I seem to have issues where pages won't load after every other page. They won't even attempt to load until I refresh the page once or twice. Uploading images as attachments or to something like discord takes ages and sometimes just fails. It took me 3 attempts to attach the txt file to this. I struggle sometimes to connect to live chats in streams and such, and various apps, such as steam, will randomly tell me I have no connection.
Have you tried to reboot the “Router And the Computer ?” If not, make sure you wait a Minimum of 30 seconds between reconnecting or powering back up. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.