Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I play games like WoW and CS on a regular basis..Cs runs at a smooth frame rate of 100 fps and WoW around 40-60 fps depending on the area.

Over the past 1 month or so I have experiencing slight problems while playing.
While playing my the game just gets stuck for like 3-4 seconds every 10-15 minutes.This is not a hardware problem,WoW does not freeze.The problem is the internet.It's like a lag spike or the data doesn't get transferred.
My browsing and download speeds seem normal.

I have tried formatting my PC,unplugged and plugged the network cable into the modem.With reference to WoW(deleted the ***,WDB cache and interface folders).Updated the drivers of the network card.I was on Vista 32bit before and now am on XP professional.

When I contacted my ISP they said that everything was fine at their end.

Any help would be appreciated
Thank you.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
There's a built in desktop screen capture tool called "snipping tool"

start menu
type "snipping tool"
right click on it and run as administrator.

To upload a image click the "go advanced" button beside the "post quick reply"

in the additional options click the button "manage attachments", a new window will pop up and you just upload the saved picture there.

Are those the temperatures while your in game?

What servers are you playing from?

Have there been any recent updates?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help.
Yes,those temperatures were recorded while I was ingame.
I play on the Oceanic(US) servers with a latency around 400-600 ms as i play from S.Asia.
I don't think there has been any recent updates in the past,even if there has been this problem has been there since a month. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The official WoW Asian servers are located in China and Taiwan.I might get get better latency to these servers but I don't know any of the languages,neither Chinese or Taiwanese.That's why I play on the US(English) servers :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.