Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings:

I just purchased an Intel SE7500CW2 and let me tell you what a headache. When I try to boot up I get no video and I get a series of beeps in this order:

4 beeps - 3 beeps - 1 beep - 4 beeps - then it repeats

From what I found at Intel’s website is this:

4 - 3 - 4 - 1 and that means incompatible memory.

Sure enough, I put incompatible memory in and it gave me that beep sequence. I put the good memory in and it went back to the first beep code.

Now, I have been at this for over twelve hours. I tried pulling the cards, tried new video cards, monitor, and keyboard. Pretty much tried any logical troubleshooting sequence possible.

It is a dual processor motherboard with only one set of jumpers. Those jumpers are for the BIOS. I tried many different combos for that too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am about sick of Intel. The kicker is they are closed. Every number I tried calling (let me tell you, it was a lot of numbers) said they are closed till Monday. ***.

Thanks in advance for any input I mean any at all !!

Twotuc

·
Global Moderator
51,485 Posts
The Phoenix beep code of 4-3-1 is a "replace MB" code...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Everyone,

I was checking into some other websites containing BIOS beep codes and here is what I found out about the beep code I am getting.

4-3-1-4 Initialize refresh counter. Troubleshoot motherboard.

If any one has any inspiring ideas about this issue, please let me know.

Thank you,

Twotuc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, finally figured out my problem. It needs two sticks of memory. That's all. Two sticks of fricking memory. I was pretty upset when I found out about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.