Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody :

I was looking at an Intel i5-4570 Processor on newegg.com. And, apparently, this model is sold without a heatsink / fan. ( newegg DID post an informational screen stating that a newer version of this model is available----the i5-4590 WITH a heatsink / fan. Question : In a scenario like this, without a heatsink / fan, what size would the heatsink / fan be ? Just for the sake of information (for later). And, I realize that WITH a heatsink /fan included, it makes installation that much easier.

thanks in advance,
garystan

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
I'd just go with the i5 4590 since it's cheaper and slightly faster than the 4570 listed on their site and comes with the heatsink and fan.

For reference, most heatsinks will indicate the socket they are compatible with. In this case you'd want a heatsink that is compatible with socket 1150.

Other things to consider is the height of the heatsink which can be a factor in some cases.

The coolermaster Hyper 212 is a popular model of tower style cooler:
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel 1366/1155/775 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+ - Newegg.com

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team
2,464 Posts
I concur: I have the same Hyper 212 Evo on my Intel i7 4790K matched with a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 mobo. After tweaking my mobo...I have idle temps of 24°C to 26°C and at load 38°C to 44°C. It works and works well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.