Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I am installin Xp and i get an error on the first restart, The XP loading screen comes up then a blue screen with this in

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

Process1_initialization_failed

Theres some text here but I couldnt be bothered to write it all down, it said something about hardware and changing shadow and cache on bios settings

Tech info

*** STOP: 0X000000 (0x000003A. 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0c00000000)
Ive tried a upgrade (prefered) and a clean install ive downloaded the update at the beggining and have done a install without it, and help would be appreciated
Thanx
Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
lol
:upset: i hate it when ppl cant install windows and i have to tell em

here is goes:

1.restart your computer
2.press "del" to enter bios setup change it to boot from cd not floppy
3.restart again
4.press enter
5.celete the partition you want to install winxp onto
4.press enter
5.format
6.restart
7.press "del" change it back to boot from cd
8.restart
9.install windows
10.install your mother board drivers
11.install your graphics card drivers
12.install other software
13.setup ur internet
14.update win messenger
15.your done

good luck

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Are you doing an upgrade? Or a clean install?

This sounds like your symptoms:

STOP: 0x0000006B "Process1_ Initialization_Failed" Error Message When You Try to Upgrade to Windows XP
The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

This article was previously published under Q330134
SYMPTOMS
When you try to repair your Windows XP installation or when your computer first restarts after you upgrade to Windows XP, you may receive the following STOP error message on a blue-screen:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000006B (0x0000003A, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
CAUSE
This issue may occur if the Roxio GoBack program is installed in your computer.

Note The GoBack program is also included with the Norton SystemWorks program.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, cancel Windows XP Setup, remove GoBack, and then restart Windows XP Setup.
WORKAROUND
To work around this issue, disable GoBack when Windows XP Setup restarts the computer:

Warning If you disable GoBack, all historical GoBack-related information is lost, and you cannot use GoBack to restore your computer to an earlier state.
Restart your computer, and then press the SPACEBAR when you receive the GoBack "Press SPACEBAR to repair problems or see other boot options" message.
On the GoBack Boot menu, click Disable GoBack, and then click Continue.
Click Yes to disable GoBack.
After you disable GoBack, click OK, and then click Continue.
MORE INFORMATION
To obtain additional support information for the GoBack program, visit the following third-party Web sites:
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/index.jhtml

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html

Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330134

My advice: Do a clean install. Wipe your hard drive with a nice fresh fdisk, and format. Then follow Exero's instructions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
can you do that?

·
Registered
15 Posts
im talkin to Cruisecar

·
Registered
2 Posts
uhhhh. I am preparing to wipe clean a machine runing Windows 2000 and installing XP and I am in way over my head here, but Excero seems to have outlined what I will also need to do. ( I'll also post this in a fresh thread because I don't know how this really goes here either) I am one of those ppl who doesn't know how to install XP.
The machine is a DELL several years old with a Pentium 4 and 512 Mb of RAM. I doubt I could find any original disks of anything. I ran Belarc to see what's in it. Now I guess I am supposed to find drivers for everything somewhere = endless internet searching ? for how many drivers ?? -motherboard ?, NVIDIA dualview / NVIDIA Quadro NVS with AGP8X graphics card, Sony CD-RW CRX216E, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R5112, 3.5" floppy... how deep does the list go ? Hard disk controllers ? mouse drivers ? USB drivers ? Ethernet ? does anything come with XP ?. I was trying to give this computer to my dad for Christmas.... (he's runing WIndows 98 w/ 256 Mb of RAM)

So...should I run in the other direction, send this machine to the landfill and buy another for $400 ? or is this soemthing a rookie with half a brain could take on ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.