Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I've been running Ubuntu from Linux for some time now, and wish to get my old PC back on to Windows XP.

I've created a bootable USB (formatted to FAT32) and loaded an XP .iso using WinUSB on Ubuntu. I have to change the primary hard drive in the BIOS to my bootable usb to get it to start, but at the very beginning of the process I get the error message saying 'Boot MGR Missing Press Ctl Alt Del to restart'.
Im under the impression this is the only obstacle standing in the way of WXP installation. I have briefly read other articles on the issue, but none I have found refer to the booting with Ubuntu installed as the primary OS (cannot run a windows system recovery).

P.S I am familiar with installing OS's as I did the Ubuntu transfer.

If anyone has any prior experience or guidance with this issue, I would greatly appreciate it, thank you.

·
Registered
41,107 Posts
I've created a bootable USB (formatted to FAT32) and loaded an XP .iso using WinUSB
Boot the USB flash drive and it should start the Windows XP install. When you get to the Partition information, if you no longer want to have Ubuntu, then Delete all the partitions, Create one large Partition. Format NTFS, and install XP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.