Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, just bought myself a new LG flat panel LCD monitor to replace my ancient monitor and was wanting to know if you install the software driver before I disconnect the old monitor or do I get the new one all plugged in, restart the system and then install it? I don't want to shoot myself in the foot here. My system is a Dell Demension 2300 with a Pentium 4 Processor and 750 meg of RAM. I just did some reading about the is new monitor and I see it needs 1360x768 for complete resolution and my graphics card will only go to 1260x768 will this work at all and if not, where do I begin to find a different graphics card for my system? The current controller is an Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV what would I need to replace it? Thanks.. :4-dontkno

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Monitors are plug and play. Just connect it and turn it on. If you're using Omboard Graphics, you will need to install a dedicate graphics card to use the resolutions the monitor is capable of. You also might have to get a PSU with the graphics card. OEM PC PSU's are sufficient for the original hardware configuration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.