Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to install MAMP on my Windows 10 PC and was wondering if I must install it on the C drive (where Windows 10 is installed) or if I can choose another drive to install it. Cheers.

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,922 Posts

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Dr. I tried to install it on my i drive instead of the c drive and it ended up leaving a lot of file in the i drive despite me having create a folder to house these. Not sure what to do about it.

11,922 Posts

11,922 Posts
When it prompts you where to install it, try typing in:

I:\MAMP

If it will not allow you to type it in, then: 1) Abort the install, 2) Create a folder named MAMP in the root of your I: drive, 3) Restart the installation and then direct it to install it your your new I:\MAMP folder.

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When it prompts you where to install it, try typing in:

I:\MAMP

If it will not allow you to type it in, then: 1) Abort the install, 2) Create a folder named MAMP in the root of your I: drive, 3) Restart the installation and then direct it to install it your your new I:\MAMP folder.
I'll give it try. Thank you very much.

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Doc, I installed it inside a MAMP folder which I created inside the Programs folder which is inside the i drive and the files are still scattered everywhere as can be seen from the attached screenshot.

11,922 Posts

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep. Rather sloppy installation routine eh?

As far as what it/you are supposed to do next I have no clue. Might want to start reading their "First Steps" page?: MAMP (Windows) Documentation > First Steps
Unfortunately, yes. I'm thinking of using an alternative program but not sure which one. But it's not a big deal doc, I think I'll simply upload the page to the server which has PHP installed on it anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.