Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to all, once again I am in need of help. I've just bought a pc from a french bankrupt auction its a Dell dimension dim2400. My problem is that the OS is in french and as my french isgood but not that good, I want to change it to english. So I have been on line at ebay and got myself windows xp in English, but what I want to know is - do I have to format drive c to reinstall the new version? And if I do do I need to make a reboot disk?.And lastly if the answer is yes to the last two questions how do I do it??!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hi soapy

You will need to reformat unless there is a large enough unpartitioned space on HD and you want to keep the french version. Since the default on install is the whole drive, I doubt this would be the case. A clean install is the best option and is not very difficult. Remember that doing this will wipe the HD clean so if there is anything important on the drive you will need to save it, and make sure it would work with english version. Just follow the steps Here under Perform a clean install of Windows XP.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Yes you do have to format the c: drive to install you new OS and no, you do not need a floopy boot disk to do so. The WinXP install CD is a bootable disk. You can partition and format you c: drive all during the install. Just follow the instructions while it is installing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.