Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading about some problems of installing the Core 2 Duo mpc into the LGA775 socket, and sure enough I am running into the same problem. The chip is aligned properly, and is flush with the adjacent border. But the load plate is concave, bent down in the middle. To apply pressure on the chip downward I suppose, BUT to get it to close, you have to apply extreme pressure. I have not done so cause i do not want to damage anything yet, I also question the bottom of the chip as it has a raised row of components, whereas the other rows are all the same height. Is this normal?
Thanks, Tom:4-dontkno

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Socket T (LGA 775) cpu's should go in firm, but excessive force is no good, nor is the load plate concave.....at least not to my knowledge. The raised row of components however, on the bottom of the cpu are capacitors. If the cpu is in fact aligned properly they should not cause any interference. I would reccomend you contact Intel about a possible rma of the mobo, and see what their tech-support has to say about the amount of force used to close the socket and the fact of the load plate being concave, they are very helpful, and will repair or replace the mobo in a timely fashion if need be......provided its still under warentey....let us know how it goes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.