Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have recently been put in charge of formatting all the laptops at work before they go back on sale.

One thing that I have found frustrating is installing the drivers. I have had some laptops sitting for around 4-5 hours, just simply updating the system bit by bit, and I was wondering if there is a way to just download all the drivers at once, and do a mass install.

Doing this on 7 or 8 laptops is painful

Thanks for any help in advance :)

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
If they are all the same drivers or you know which ones you need, then just download them onto a Flash or DVD and then copy them onto their respective machines.

It's the downloading bit that is time consuming so by doing it that way, you only need to download them once - although video drivers can take some time installing unless you choose the express option.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the help. It was late last night, and I made an error.

What I meant was, is there a way to download all the updates at once, not drivers, as the drivers are not the problem, its the constant updates.

It would be so much easier if I could download them all, and install all at once, rather than having to restart every 5 minutes.

Sorry about the mistake on my end

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.