Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Windows 98SE on my system and I want to keep that on it , but I also want to install Windows XP Pro . I know that you have to make another partition on your HDD in order to do so. Can someone help me with this becuase I do not know how to make another partition on my HDD . Also I heard from somebody where you can split your Hard drive , in this case I have a 20gig so I would have 2 10gb's I guess. Well if someone could help me I would really appreciate it . Sometimes I forget to get on the Forum so if you could e-mail me to tell me that you have posted a reply or e-mail me with the answers please I would appreciate it a lot .. and Thanks Again.

P/S My e-mail address is : [email protected]

Thanks .... Tyler J.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I don't email answers, since the whole point of the forum is for everyone to learn.

Unless you're willing to buy a 3rd party partitioning package, the best way to install XP and keep W98 is to buy another disk and have two, they're pretty cheap nowadays.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I would rather just keep the drive I have and Install XP on there. If anybody knows how to Install XP and keep Windows 98SE without having to buy anything special like Partition Manager then let me know ASAP . Thanks ... Tyler

Any Help at all is appreciated ...
The reason I need this done is some of my stuff runs better with 98Se and then some runs better with XP Pro.

Again any help is appreciated ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.