Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I felt that it was time to clean up my computer (a dell 1520) a little bit and formatted my HDD. I reinstalled windows and all of my drivers which I found on the dell website. It recommended that I update a driver for my optical drive and so I did. However, the driver was for a TSST TS-L632H when the one that I have is a TSST TS-L632D. Is there any way to fix this? The drive isn't recognized in device manager so I can't roll-back to a previous driver and I have tried a system restore with no luck. Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
and welcome to the Forum

Is this an Inspiron 1520? Are you sure you did not upgrade the firmware as oppposed to the driver?
Oops, ya it was a firmware update and yes it's an Inspiron.

Uninstall the optical drive in Device Manager and reboot. Windows will reinstall the drive after you boot.
The latest firmware for that drive is dated 9/12/07. If the uninstall-reinnstall doesn't work you could try this firmware.
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FI...lex-740-TSST-TS-L632D-Firmware-02022007.shtml
The drive doesn't show up in device manager so I can't uninstall it. I tried the other firmware update and it's telling me that the drive can't be found.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,253 Posts
You likely hosed the drive when you flashed with the wrong firmware . . it would be worth a call to Dell support to see if there is a way out other than replaceing the drive

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.