Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm currently running BitDefender 9 but it is going to expire in a few days time so I was after the new version. I downloaded the trial from the BitDefender website but when I tried to install it, I was told I needed to uninstall my current version.

I went to Add/Remove programs like usual but for some reason BitDefender is not listed. I went to BitDefender in programs and clicked 'modify, repair or uninstall' and it tells me 'this action is only valid for products that are currently installed'.

I have no idea how I'm meant to uninstall BitDefender 9 since it is not listed! The program is clearly running and installed so I have no idea why it would not be shown as a currently installed program! :cry:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:smile: thanks for the reply

I followed the steps, but when trying to delete the program files, it gives me a message: 'cannot delete as2core.dlll: access is denied. make sure that the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is currently not in use'.

I made sure BitDefender was closed before I tried this, but it has happened a few times now so Im not sure what to do? Any ideas? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.