Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i recently decided to install a new cpu, i have a Asus M2N-E mother board and was trying to install an amd athlon x2 5200 processor and i got it in all good and soon as i turned it on all the fans start up i can hear the harddrive i believe but nothing more, it doesnt boot into windows from what i can see or even bios, nothing shows up on screen just says cannot find signal... did i fry my mobo or am i just doing something wrong? pls any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so update i put old cpu back in and works perfect so is the amd 5200 not compatible? i mean it is same chipset am2 or possibly a bios setting i need to change? or could i have just got a defective cpu

·
retired
1,966 Posts
go to webpage for the M2N-E and check the CPU support for bios version needed for your 5200, there are 5 listings so you need the exact revision and wattage listed on your CPU. the bios currently installed on your mobo must be a higher number than the one listed else you will have to upgrade the bios (as per the asus instruction manual).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.