Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install Windows XP Pro slipstreamed w/ SP2 on a friends computer. I get as far as the screen with the progress bar for formatting and it never starts. I placed the harddrive on my computer to see if there was a hardware issue with his box but the same thing happens. I know the disk works because it was the disk that originally installed XP on his machine. It is a reinstall trying to correct some performance issues, it was moving ultra slow with very low cpu usage. I thought it was due to a nasty virus that I could not remove due to the slowness so I figured that a fresh format would tighten things up. I have already deleted the partition so there's no going back now. Could the hard drive be damaged? Any help would be appreciated, hopefully before I have to give my friend the bad news :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did diagnostics on the hard drive. The only problem that showed up was that the surface scan was only 20% done after 12 hours. That didn't seem right so I tried a new hard drive and everything works fine now. Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.