Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight.... here it goes....

I've had some mucho problems with XP resetting on me for no apparent reason, which I would assume was from spyware/virus, but that's just a guess.

Now XP won't even startup at all, Safe Mode or regular, or Last Known Config or anything.

I've tried installing a new XP on a spare hard drive I had laying around and it never completes, at random points during installation I'll get a Blue Screen of Death that starts with "A problem has been detected and Windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer." Then names an error which is always different, "Page_Fault_in_non_paged_area" seems to be the most common. At the end it lists another error with is always different saying something like "Stop: 0x00000050 (##### ######)" and such.

Anybody have a clue or know what could be up?

·
Registered
282 Posts
It could be bad RAM? if you have 2 stick of RAM try removing one of them and try reinstalling, if that one doesn't work, try using the other stick of RAM.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah.. either that or there is a problem with the IDE or SATA controller on the m/board.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
if you can get to a working computer, download memtest86 from www.majorgeeks.com and put it on a floppy. i believe there is an iso file for it too if you want to put it on a cd. then bootup up with memtest86 and test your ram for any errors.

let memtest86 go for about a minimum of 10passes and see if it detects any errors. oh yeah to bootup with the program, you will need to change the boot order in the bios. for example, if you put the program in a floppy, then you will need to change the first boot device in the bios to floppy. good luck and post back if you got any more problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.