Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't tell me to search cause I have, and none of the others match my exact problem. Just like alot of the 8500 and 8600 Dell's, my battery will not charge. The pin in the cable looks fine and undamaged. Also in windows it shows there's no battery present at all, and I've replaced the battery thinking that was the problem. Has anyone heard of the battery just not showing up at all? I think if I can fix that then it just might work for me...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please don't tell me to search cause I have, and none of the others match my exact problem. Just like alot of the 8500 and 8600 Dell's, my battery will not charge. The pin in the cable looks fine and undamaged. Also in windows it shows there's no battery present at all, and I've replaced the battery thinking that was the problem. Has anyone heard of the battery just not showing up at all? I think if I can fix that then it just might work for me...
Yes that exact thing happened to me today. Over the past few weeks the battery time was going down and down, until last week battery lasted for about 15 mins. Today, it shows battery not present. Not only in windows, but in Ubuntu, as well as BIOS. I'm assuming the battery is dead. The laptop is less than one year old and still under warranty. I called Dell, they asked me to remove the battery several times, restarted the PC several times, nothing worked. However, there is some button on the battery, and if I press that all the five lights turn green, which seems to indicate that the battery is not dead yet. The dell rep told me that they will send me a new battery, but there is a chance that the problem is in motherboard. so if the new battery doesn't work, i have to send the laptop to them and they will do whatever necessary. Btw, i have an inspiron 6400. Let me know meanwhile if you find a solution to your problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually did get a solution.... I found that my power charger was dead (even though it would run the pc it couldn't be recognized) so i replaced that and then I replaced my battery (it has been dead for two years) and now it works great and charges fine. :partytime

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.