Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 with a dvd rw, I reformated and now it won't play dvd movies when it did before (with MediaDirect of course). Any idea's? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, MediaDirect is installed. When I launch MediaDirect it doesn't recognize DVD's. I put in a movie and it says no DVD or movie is in. Like it doesn't see it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link, after install it now says that there's a digital copy protection failure between the dvd drive, decoder and video card. And that I need to get an updated video driver. Yes, it reads game dvd's (I play BF 2142), it copy's dvd's and read's data dvd's. It just doesn't play movies, how annoying. I have the upgraded video card, I'll have to look up the specs, shop around and then if I don't find anything I'll ask you guys. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The VLC media player works, OMG I can watch movies again. Thanks, bro. But that's a short term fix. Do you have any idea why MediaDirect won't detect it (not that I would ever use it on purpose)? Or why Windows Media Player can't play them? I have a ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 and WMP wanted me to update the display driver, I can't seem to find a recent one, I've got version 8.261.0.0 updated 23May2006. Could that be a problem? And why does Dell make updating a complicated process? Anyway, thanks for all your help so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.