Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Inspiron 1525 w/Vista that keeps crashing unexpectedly. I have been told a few things.

First - that I don't have enough RAM (Dell only put in the basics) believe it has 1GB right now.

Second - I should get a computer dust remover can and get rid of the dust. (personally don't think that is the problem)

Third - that there is a nasty virus in my lap top and I need to take it in and have it romoved.

any suggestions from anyone who has had the same problems????

Also once in awhile I get the crash dump screen. I am using about 3/4 of the memory in the lap top...

·
Decessit
68,879 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSF first please follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html
next your correct in that your ram is not enough to run vista well,please wait on the virus question at this point it may be a number of other issues from a driver,faulty ram,or eveen a firewall or anti virus program causing issues it could also be caused by a build up of dirt and debris blocking the air vents and or fan cleaning with canned air is always a good idea every 6 to 8 weeks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.