Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot seem to use any OpenGL games/applications with this board, even after installing different versions of the nVIDIA Forceware driver. I think the problem is that the drivers fail to install the OpenGL drivers, and leave the Microsoft OpenGL extensions only. This is what I get with EVEREST Ultimate Edition:

OpenGL Properties
Vendor Microsoft Corporation
Renderer GDI Generic
Version 1.1.0

OpenGL Features
GL_WIN_swap_hint Supported
GL_EXT_bgra Supported
GL_EXT_paletted_texture Supported

Also, the video card detects 2 monitors (my Samsung SyncMaster 795DF and also a Default Monitor - which, in nView, it is named TV). When I checked the Device Manager in Monitors it seemed that I actualy had installed 3 monitors (the samsung one and 2 default monitors); after trying to remove them, they are detected again. Disabling seem to have no effect. Some forums suggested that this might be the problem (dual monitor support), however I have been unable to uninstall or to stop the drivers from initializing nView (detecting other monitors).

I'd like to mention that I have tried many suggested methods, from registry add of the DWORD "TwinViewDisabled" to 1, to disabling nView from the control panel and removing nwiz.exe from Windows startup.
Also, I have tried drivers 77.72 through 81.84.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also tried 4x and 5x drivers too, even directly from the producer's FTP, didn't work (In this case, the OpenGL Vendor/Renderer/Version/Features were blank).
Tried changing Hardware Acceleration from Single Display to Multi-monitors Performance (when enabling second monitor in nView, in 7x/8x drivers), still nothing (OpenGL Vendor is still Microsoft Corporation).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.