Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with those ink refill kits? Basically, are they any good? Looks like you can save some money by using them. I'm not doing any heavy duty printing, nothing critical like pictures or anything, so was thinking even if the quality is SLIGHTLY subpar, that would be fine with me. Just in case it matters, I've got an HP 5110 all-in-one.

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
Hello sleemie,

Most after market refill kits are made with inferior inks and by using them you can cause damage to your 3 in 1.
Furthermore, using these refills will void any warranty that you might have left with the device.
I have used after market refills twice (my first time and my last time), and they caused so much trouble, that I had to replace my printer, which incentially was a Hp™ too.
They are not worth the few cents/dollars that they say that they save you.
Use them at your own risk I say.

Kind Regards,

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the reply. Would you happen to know a place to get "real" cartridges at a good price? Since we're obviously not in the same region of the world, i'm thinking of online somewhere.

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
Sorry..I do not know the USA that well for on-line purchasing; however, I believe that an outfit called NewEgg has computer stuff that they sell on-line.

Kind Regards,

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
thanx for the reply. Would you happen to know a place to get "real" cartridges at a good price? Since we're obviously not in the same region of the world, i'm thinking of online somewhere.
I've used Print Pal in the past. Their carts worked very good. There are plenty of other places that sell carts. Just search for "printer ink cartridges".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.