Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My computer is affected by something. I get windows poping up with advertisement and solicitation on the right side of my screen. You close one and another reappears.
Can anyone help me get rid of it.
I am joining a pic. The pic is taken on the yahoo homepage and you can see the advertisements right bottom (Where the suitcase with money is). But they pop up no matter what I am doing, it's not specific to yahoo.

Thanks a lot

Pat

Attachments

·
Moderator , Security Team
1,047 Posts
  • Download FRST64 to your Desktop.
  • Double click Frst.exe to launch it.
  • FRST will start to run.
    • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press the Scan button.
    • When finished scanning 2 logs will open on your Desktop, FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    • Please post them in your next reply (or attach them if they're too large).

·
1,047 Posts
Looking over your logs. This will likely take some time, so it will probably be tomorrow morning (my time GMT) before I get back to you.

·
1,047 Posts
After a quick look through your logs, your problem seems most likely to be caused by the following log line ....

CHR Notifications: Default -> hxxps://oceanof-games.com; hxxps://shop4megastore.os.tc; hxxps://www.gamespot.com; hxxps://www.palmtalk.org
To turn off notifications please follow the instructions in the following topic ... https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3220216?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

Please let me know if that resolves things. If not, I'll go through your logs in more detail, but so far I don't see much else that looks suspicious.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After a quick look through your logs, your problem seems most likely to be caused by the following log line ....

To turn off notifications please follow the instructions in the following topic ... https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3220216?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

Please let me know if that resolves things. If not, I'll go through your logs in more detail, but so far I don't see much else that looks suspicious.
Ok I did what your link said. Give me a couple days to see if that stuff still pops up. I will update this thread in 48 hours, please don't close it.

Thanks

Pat

·
1,047 Posts
OK, as things stand, you have notifications disabled, and because of that the notifications you were receiving have stopped.

However, that means that you will not receive any notifications, and it may be that you want some sites to prompt you. In which case, if you switch notifications back on you will be prompted by the unwanted notifications as well (since we haven't yet removed them).

To remedy that situation, so that you can switch notifications back on if you want to, we need to remove the unwanted notification settings, to do that, please do the following ....

• Start FRST in a similar manner to when you ran a scan earlier, but this time when it opens ....
  • Press Ctrl+y (Ctrl and y keys at the same time)
  • A blank randomly named .txt Notepad file will open.
  • Copy and paste the following into it ....
Code:
CHR Notifications: Default -> hxxps://oceanof-games.com; hxxps://shop4megastore.os.tc; hxxps://www.gamespot.com; hxxps://www.palmtalk.org 
EmptyTemp:
  • Press Ctrl+s to save fixlist.txt
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user. Running it on another machine may cause damage to your operating system
  • Now press the Fix button once and wait.
  • FRST will process fixlist.txt
  • When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt in the same folder/directory as FRST64.exe
  • Please post me the log

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I got a snag. Everything went fine until you asked me to press ctrl+s to save fixlist.txt.
When I press ctrl+s nothing happens, so shall I just save the notepad file as fixlist.txt?

Thanks

Pat

Attachments

·
1,047 Posts
Yes, just save it as fixlist.txt in the same folder as Frst64.exe is in, then click the Fix button of FRST and the fixlist will be processed.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fix result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 10-11-2019
Ran by Vaindioux (12-11-2019 19:28:38) Run:5
Running from C:\Users\Vaindioux\Downloads
Loaded Profiles: Vaindioux (Available Profiles: Vaindioux)
Boot Mode: Normal
==============================================

fixlist content:
EmptyTemp:

"CHR Notifications:" => not found

=========== EmptyTemp: ==========

BITS transfer queue => 8388608 B
DOMStore, IE Recovery, AppCache, Feeds Cache, Thumbcache, IconCache => 1048624 B
Java, Flash, Steam htmlcache => 0 B
Windows/system/drivers => 228 B
Edge => 0 B
Chrome => 50499034 B
Firefox => 521026859 B
Opera => 0 B

Temp, IE cache, history, cookies, recent:
Users => 0 B
Default => 0 B
Public => 0 B
ProgramData => 0 B
systemprofile => 0 B
systemprofile32 => 0 B
LocalService => 0 B
NetworkService => 0 B
Vaindioux => 1032562188 B

RecycleBin => 1326522386 B
EmptyTemp: => 2.7 GB temporary data Removed.

================================

The system needed a reboot.

==== End of Fixlog 19:29:42 ====

·
1,047 Posts
OK, looks like you're clean now.

To uninstall FRST and remove all its files, please do the following ...

• Rename FRST64.exe to Uninstall.exe
  • Double click on Uninstall.exe to launch it.
    • Your computer will reboot, and on reboot will remove FRST and all its files.

Please let me know if it fails to remove, or if you have any further problems that need attending to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.