Tech Support banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three browsers but was searching Google for - Best Browsers - an one rated Vivaldi at the top, so I though I would try it.

But the install did not go as planned. It seemed to install. Though I didn't notice until later - No Desktop Icon (shortcut), No Menu Items, and No Install/Uninstall.

The program is there, and I ran it once, after that my computer really was running at a snail's pace, to the point of virtually unusable. I did download directly from the Software Deveolper's Website, so low, but not no, likelihood of a virus.

Is there any software or any means of killing this install when it is not in the Uninstall Software list?

My system is pretty basic -

Dell with i5 6th Gen, 8Gb, Win-10.

I had previously had a hard drive crash, and was unable to recover my data. I replaced the HD, re-installed Window 10 and my Browsers and other software. Everything was working fine until I installed Vivaldi.

There are a few things I can try to get my computer going. But for now, I'm concerned with how to Uninstall Software that is not in the Uninstall List?

Thoughts?

Steve/bluewizard

·
Windows Tech Team
1,012 Posts
Do you have System Protection turned on? If so, it's at least worth trying rolling back to a restore point taken prior to the install of this software.

·
Registered
40,729 Posts
As stated, first try a System Restore to a time before you installed this.
If that doesn't work use a 3rd party Uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller. Use the Hunter Mode to uninstall it. Use the Advanced method to remove all traces of the program in the Registry.

·
Windows Tech Team
1,012 Posts
The advice from @spunk.funk is definitely the next couple of steps if a System Restore does not work (and it very well may not - this feature has been a crap shoot since its introduction).

As an aside, this incident should be classed as a fluke. Vivaldi is definitely not "fly by night" and installing it generally goes smoothly. I haven't used it in a while, but am familiar with it.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,415 Posts
Vivaldi is in Apps&Features not Programs. You should be able to uninstall it from there.

Reactions: Deejay100six
1 - 6 of 6 Posts