Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, im from india, and my ISP has blocked just about all incoming ports, now its done this in a very fancy manner, im able to download stuff off emule, and i can also change its ports, but i cant do things like host a webserver, or run the emule web interface.

( when i run the emule port test, it says everything is fine, even BT says eveything is fine, so im guessing if an app makes an outgoin connection on a particular port, then the isp allows it to recieve stuff on that port, could this be it?)

Im also able to host a cs server and have people from other countries join in. So im guessing steam has found a way around my internet incoming ports issue.

PS: The last time i did host a proper web server, only people on my ISP could access it,

I do not have a dynamic ip, and i have a global ip, not a lan kind. The modem i am using is a SA webSTAR dpx 2100. The ISP has blocked all pages in the modem menu other than web too.

Im running a dedicated 256K line here.

Anyhelp would be greatful.

Thanks

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
What do you expect us to say? If the ISP has blocked the ports, then I suspect they don't want you to be running server applications. We don't help circumvent legal restrictions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they claim that worms and virii spread this way, they have even blocked irc.

Its a bandwith saving plot, where they sell the unlimited package and put 10,000 restrictions on it..

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
johnwill said:
We don't help circumvent legal restrictions.

besides that, what you are asking is more or less impossible.

if we take a hallway with 65535 doors in it, and we bar the doors from the insides,

there really isn't any way to unlock them from the outside, even if we wanted to.

so more or less, you can use the few ports you have any way you choose, but the other ports are basically non-existant, and cannot be opened from your end.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So basically me hosting anything on the steam ports should work right?

Im tryin to understand how they did it, and what they have done.

Im tryin to figure out how steam/ emule can connect perfectly ( the emule port test) and i cant host anything, even if i use the steam cs port (27015) or the emule port (4662/4672)....

Better understanding might be the solution. :)

Thanks for checkin it out anyways.

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Well, we don't support P2P applications here, and we also don't help to bypass legal restrictions. Two for two, so I'm closing this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.