Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a blue screen appear when i try to start-up windows XP. It says that there has been an error and that windows has shut down to prevent problems.
It didnt disappear so i was forced to reboot windows, that is now in a new partition with little space, the old drive is still there, but still shows the blue screen when i try to start it up.
I am looking to fix this error but have no real idea what the problem with it is. I am a reasonably good novice with pc's and have tried running both 'chkdsk' and 'fixboot' with the Windows recovery centre, both to no avail.

Any help on this matter would be nice, and anyone who knows how to fix it would be greatly received.

The full Technical Information on the message reads:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFA2C7640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I am running a computer with: AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2ghz, 224mb RAM.

Please ask for anything else you may need to know, but as i say i am quite a novice. Please help.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Put the Windows XP CD in the cd drive and boot off it.

When the setup loads, hit R to enter the recovery console. Once here, type chkdisk and it should ask you to reboot and check the disk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My PC is working ok at the moment, as i am running off a seperate partition in the hard drive, this partition has limited space and all my old work is all on the old partition, which when i try to boot up just brings up the blue screen with the error message in the top post.

I havnt tried checking the hd for errors, but i have tried running chkdsk (no luck). I think it may be to do with the CD-RW drive as it is not working in this new partition. :4-dontkno
Any help.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'm not clear on your setup...Do you have more than one hard drive and more than one OS ?

Navigate to Disk Management and see what's listed there.

Regards,
JF

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have one hard drive but it is partitioned into C: (old drive, which is bringing up the blue screen) and E: (new drive, which was created when i re-installed windows.)

This is what Disk Management brings up:

Im afraid i dont know what OS is but i hope you can see what you wanted from the above image.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.