Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi im in the market for a graphics card to play bf2, doom3, cs source (better I can see through boxes :cry: ) ive been looking at the 6600gt but there are so many different 6600gt's but i found one i liked i cant run it cause i have a power source of 300 =/ but i was wondering whihc would be a better buy this gigabyte card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814125168

ot this xfx http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150089

my basic compy
amd atholon 3000+
512 ram
300 watt power source
i know it weak im poor =/
by the way im guessing a card that requires a mininimum supply of 350 watts will work for me will it :cry: .

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I would deffinatly replace the power supply with something better Enermax or an Antec.
What Make is your motherboard?
As to which 6600gt :4-dontkno I have a EVGA that is working well for me.
One thing to consider is the make of your motherboard some board manufactures recommend and have tested with certin cards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd also suggest getting more ram. I lag occasionally on low/medium settings on BF2 (but i run maximum draw distance) with 1 gig. Other than that, i'm not exactly sure how much it matters with the various versions of a card. I guess its different sinks or fans.

·
Registered
55 Posts
May want to consider the 6800le, its a 6600gt out of the box with a chance of unlocking all the pipelines.
If you do with 6600gt, I wouldnt worry too much about the brand, just take a look at the clock speeds.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
jisc123 said:
May want to consider the 6800le, its a 6600gt out of the box with a chance of unlocking all the pipelines.
If you do with 6600gt, I wouldnt worry too much about the brand, just take a look at the clock speeds.
Here is Video chip set chart The higher the numbers the better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
First upgrade then PSU because lets face its 300W just doesnt cut it. Grab an Enermax or Antec with at least 400W. Then pick up your 6600GT or 6800LE and have fun :sayyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.