Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I play a game or anything that makes my computer work hard, my computer restarts...

When I do the error report thing it says that either, it is cause by old BIOS, or most of the times it says because of a device driver...

I have had this problem for AGES, I don't know what driver is causing it!!!!!!!!

Please help me find out!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P4 3.2
1024mb DDR Ram
Radeon X800XL (THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM! I'm sure, it happened with an old graphics card as well)
200GB 7200rpm Harddrive...

Seriously, ANY GAME, it's random as well, might never happen in 1 week, might happen 5 times in a row!

I get a COM+ error in my event viewer, dont know if it might be because of that.

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Please help me!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
welcome to tsf
we will need your full specs including the power supply, motherboard, ram, cpu and cooling fans.
for starters, take off the side and make sure the dust is blown out of everything, and leave it off with a floor fan blowing in and try it again.
post back

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll seriously give an arm, leg and a head to anyone that can help me!

Motherboard has been recently replaced, and the one I had before had the same problem so it isn't that...

Might it be that COM+ Thing?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
the motherboard was recently replaced...will you go in your device manager and check for any yellow conflict marks and give us the info i requested.
post back

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I don't know the motherboard or the PSU, But I know it's not the motherboard!

No conflicts..I hope that is good :sad:

I'm pretty sure it's a driver, I'm suspecting my Avast or Zonealarm...

Or the 3240234 other drivers in my computer :cry: :cry: :cry:

help please... !

·
Registered
283 Posts
i have a question why is the cmd command to check full specs is it msinfo32? in cmd? there shoud be a command for it.

have you updated all your drivers?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I have updated all my drivers I think..
Oh my god this is torture, I have a BEAST graphics card but I cant play games because it might restart...
Make it stop... :cry:

·
Registered
283 Posts
umm could it be somthing it not pluged in but that can't be it due to it did it with old motherboard, i would suggest finding all the drivers and downloading them and install and see what happens.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a 865PE model motherboard it's not old.
And i'm not THAT stupid as something being not plugged in =/

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had this problem for a Y E A R.

Not changed much software since then...

God I wish there was a way to fix this.

But, there isn't I know it.
I have asked about 10 forums, it ended in cluelessness for the admins and mods...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whosdat said:
old motherboard toasted? or was it due to an upgrade?
can you give us the power supply specs?
I'm 5000% sure it's not a hardware problem, UNLESS it's the RAM!

I sometimes get a read or write error (bla bla could not be read) JUST before it crashes.
Or it crashes when I close a window.
But.
Memtest shows that my memory is fine.

:dead:

I've had this problem FOR A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It isn't anything that has happened recently !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
whosdat said:
i think we come to an impass here
As in there is no hope in fixing this problem?

Is there no way to analyze my minidump?

Please someone help me!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
we can help you, but you have to help yourself also by giving us certain infomation.

i asked you to take a side off with a fan to rule out heat
i requested your power supply info [label on back probably] you have a big load there
and i was going to ask you to try 1 ram chip at a time

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
whosdat said:
we can help you, but you have to help yourself also by giving us certain infomation.

i asked you to take a side off with a fan to rule out heat
i requested your power supply info [label on back probably] you have a big load there
and i was going to ask you to try 1 ram chip at a time
The sidepanel is always off the case.
Power supply info...Nothing there! I'm being honest, I wouldn't be so stupid to lie now would I?

1 Ram chip...Tried that 1 week ago, nothing, tried both, 1 at a time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I found this in the system part of my Event Viewer, I got this when my computer restarted!

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 aa3481c9, parameter3 f6b369e4, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.