Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Sure you have had this problem before, but I would be happy if you gave me an answer to my problemo.

Last night, the computer didnt start at all, but this morning i got this message in the bios.
During the last boot up your system hung for an
improper CPU Speed Setting.Your systems is working in safe mode. To optimize the system performance and reliability, make sure the CPU speed conforms to the specifications of your CPU.

My cpu is a pentium 4 2000 MHZ, Asus p4333 Mainboard. My cpu speed is set to 2000 MHZ in bios,a dn 20x frequenzy multiple and 100/33 Cpu/Pci frequenzy (MHz). 512 ddrram and asus gf4ti4200. Win Xp, if that matters :)

Any solutions to this problem? THe strange thing is that I haven´t changed anything in the bios/hardware for a long time. Plz help me.

/Mary

·
Registered
207 Posts
The only time I ever received that error is when I was having an overheating issue with my system. Can you check the temp. on your system? If the temp. on your CPU or motherboard is in the 60~74C range you probably have a heat issue on your system. Let us know what you find out. Hope this helps.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome sandalf.......:D

Exactly what kind of memory do you have in there? Is it DDR333?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my memory is kingston ddr266 i thiunk, maby its 333, not sure there.

But worse, now, i cant even log into bios, the comp just freeze with a black screen, and nothing more....
heeeelp me! :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Think XP freezes with a blue screen of death. Could be you vid card is giving u problems or monitor may not be correctly connected to the vid card.

·
Registered
16 Posts
no biggie

This really isnt an issue unless it happens consistently when you power on the system. If your system shuts off unexpectingly during bootup or post, this can sometimes happen, and is nothing more than the bios telling you that you should check your settings due to an improper shutdown. This is sort of like Windows telling you about your last improper shutdown. I would just confirm any settings or configuration settings in the bios and restart. This is also known to happen when changing processors and sometimes heatsink/fans for the first time prior to startup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.