Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few days ago I accidentally knocked into the side of my desk with my desktop on it pretty hard, to say the least I had to shut down my computer. When I went to reboot it, I found that now I am facing a blue screen which immediately leads to a system restart, and if I leave it alone it tends to loop itself in this endless cycle.

The blue screen reads, "Unmountable_Boot_Volume", so of what I looked into it I tried to follow the instructions, but no matter what I do to restore, reformat, whatever...I can't get past the "No Harddisk Recognized" wall. If I try to reformat, I go to hit F6, pop in the floppy with the SATA drivers on it, hit enter...and, nothing. It just takes me back to the prompt screen to place an item into :A

I tried to slipstream the drivers onto a copy of the Windows XP installation disc, I followed the instructions to a T, and have 6 copies with varying drivers on them just to see if that was the case. Nothing, the system still tells me it can't recognize my harddisk.

If I am trying to do anything but repair, reformat, or actually login to Winodws, I can actually do alright. Everything works, the sound, the video, it's stable so long as I don't let it get to the Windows Load in screen, then it just hits that blue screen again, and phhffftt, it resets on me.

I have a custom PC with an Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard, an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (939 Pin), 2x 1 GIG Corsair XPS RAM, An HIS4670 (AGP Edition), and a Creative X-Fi Platinum, and a 100g Maxtor Diamond SATA Harddrive, along with what I SUSPECT to be a dead Floppy Drive (Floppy Drive is OOOOLLD) all powered by an Orion 585Wt PSU with hardy volumes.

I honestly have no idea what to do, at this point I'm just pretty frustrated. I know the Floppy DISK is okay, cause I've been in and out with that thing on this PC through the day, and I can read off it fine, but I know that if I could just get it to read on my other PC I could get on with things. Why won't the disk be read when it asks for drivers? What can I possibly do to fix this mess?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also swapped out my current floppy drive for another, and still when I go to put in the disk containing the drivers it just let's me know to wait, then simply goes back to the screen that prompts me to put a disk into :A and hit enter.

The Diagnostic is still going

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the diagnostic hasn't budged at all with how it says it takes up to a minute for devices to be recognized. I shut down the machine, and swapped in a second Harddisk which I know is clean, same brand line, Maxtor 80g SATA. Again the Diagnostic was taking a long time to recognize it, so I just decided to give the XP install another shot with this new harddisk.

But I run into the same problem everytime. I get to the part where it wants me to specify a massive storage device, so I hit s, and then I go to put in my floppy and the floppy drive buzzes pretty loud for a second, I hit enter, and it juts prompts me to stick a floppy in the floppy drive again.

I'm stuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.