Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Backed up contacts on laptop to transfer to desktop. Not transferring the files. Tried this: import under file menu/import personal address book pst./from: external drive/to current folder/it doesn't do anything....help greatly appreiciated. EL

·
Registered
447 Posts
Backed up contacts on laptop to transfer to desktop. Not transferring the files. Tried this: import under file menu/import personal address book pst./from: external drive/to current folder/it doesn't do anything....help greatly appreiciated. EL

If its the WAB (Windows Address Book) youre moving, you have to export to a file (rename, save on desktop), then move the file to your new computer. Then import the file to WAB (Windows Address Book).
If this is for outlook, I have no clue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's Microsoft Outlook 2003 to and from. I stalled the NTI Shadow software that came with the Toshiba External Drive. I followed the prompts, copied all the other files and I think I selected Outlook contact or personal address book and copied that too. I think I went to export and sent it to the drive. The icon for outlook appears on the back up drive, but it doesn't have a file extension (?) and it won't import export to either the computer it came off of (laptop) or my desktop computer. I selected both personal address book and the same name with pst on the end of the file ( on two separate trys!

Thanks in advance for any input!! Elizabeth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.