Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing a software from the installation file from my external hard drive when I accidentally knocked it and lost connection.

When I tried to reinstall it again, it gave errors so I cleaned up my registry using CCleaner. Tried reinstalling, it didnt work.

I looked up online for some good registry cleaners and found jv16 Power Tools 2012. First I exported my registry from regedit. Then I scanned using jv16 and proceeded to clean my registry under the false impression that exporting registry meant a complete export.

After cleaning with jv16 I restarted my computer and found most of my programs not working, like MS Outlook would open, then try to install MS Office and then give an error.

I then tried to import the backup reg file and that too gave an error
"Cannot import C:\regback.reg: Not all data was successfully written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other processes."

Now I dont even have audio. Anybody know of anyway I can fix this?

I dont know what information to provide so please ask and I will paste it all here. Also, I dont know if this has been discussed before so if yes, please direct me to the post.

Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.