Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
mfmcgreal
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently, whilst browsing the web in Google Chrome, I've noticed alot of images on different web pages don't seem to load. A page could have 40 pictures, yet 10 of them don't appear and instead an error logo of some type appears. Here's an example:
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6593/13855037.png

You can see the error logo appearing on the pictures, but most of the time no picture appears, just the error logo thing.

Any ideas what this could be down to? My internet connection is full bars/speed so I don't think it's down to that.

Help appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Manager, - Alternative Computing, - Design
6,514 Posts
Hi,

I am not sure but I seems that adblock is causing a problem for some users. I don't know if you use it or not but it is worth a try.

·
mfmcgreal
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

I am not sure but I seems that adblock is causing a problem for some users. I don't know if you use it or not but it is worth a try.
Yes i do use adblocker.

I've had it for a while now though and never had such problems in the past, it's only as of recent when certain images haven't loaded.

Something i have noticed though, ever since the images haven't been loading, is on certain websites advertisements have started popping up, meaning adblocker doesn't seem to be powerful enough anymore.

What would you recommend me doing?

·
6,514 Posts
Hi,

These adverts are they simple popups without videos, or do they have videos too? Cause I am finding that adblock plus won't always stop the video ones.

·
mfmcgreal
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

These adverts are they simple popups without videos, or do they have videos too? Cause I am finding that adblock plus won't always stop the video ones.
Bit of both.

The adverts haven't been excessive to any extent, like popping up on every page on every site. Just certain sites now and again. When i click Youtube, for example, not one ad pops up so...

What do you think the images not appearing problem could be down to?

·
6,514 Posts
I just installed adblock plus on my linux machine to check it out. I found that you can go to the Preferences menu, and then go to Extentions. You can then add specific sites if you want to the list of sites to block. If you go to a site frequently and find it isn't blocking popups.

·
mfmcgreal
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just installed adblock plus on my linux machine to check it out. I found that you can go to the Preferences menu, and then go to Extentions. You can then add specific sites if you want to the list of sites to block. If you go to a site frequently and find it isn't blocking popups.
That's all well and good, but it doesn't fix the initial problem i reported in post #1. Certain images on a variety of web pages don't appear, and instead come up with the error logo i posted in my first post.

·
mfmcgreal
596 Posts
Anyway, would really appreciate some more input on the problem. I know your volunteers so I'm not expecting replies every minute but the thread seems to be receiving little to no attention.

Thanks.

·
6,514 Posts
Hi,

So I have done a lot of searching and found that this is a huge and ongoing issue with Chrome. I have yet to find an answer that comes form a reputable source, i.e. Chrome staff, or Google. That said I have seen that everyone has there own thought on how to fix it but I don't want you to try 30 different things that people have said doesn't work.

I will apologies for not coming up with an acceptable answer for you, as I feel that I am not doing the job that I have the responsibility to try and give you and other uses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.