Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey-
My screen is going crazy. When I am on the internet or in Word and am using my scrool wheel suddenly my screen will go crazy...vibrating, jumping up and down...HELP! And then suddenly it will stop...sometimes it takes a couple hours. It's very odd...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name ---
User Name ---

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2200 MHz (22 x 100)
Motherboard Name Dell Dimension 2350
Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale-G i845GL
System Memory 128 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (03/24/03)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (32 MB)
3D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics
Monitor Dell E772c [17" CRT] (6418034B35CU)

I used everest to find this info; but I couldn't find the psu.

thank you- tell me if you need anything else.

·
Premium Member
77,999 Posts
look on the side of the power supply for the label
blow the dust out of the computer with a can of air
check the video cable to the monitor is secure

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my power supply has a label on the side that has the numbers CN-00W848-4789034D-2691 and Rev HO2 and it's in a Dell computer...I'm sorry, I'm not sure how to interpret them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sorry, I mistyped. It's not the entire screen that starts to jump around, just the window, and only if it has a scroll bar (for instance, my mail page doesn't have a scroll bar, so it never jumps around) Probably not the monitor...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok, I found the refresh rate sattings. If I raise that, could that fix the problem?

Here's another recent development - if I try to minimize or maximize the screen when a window is going crazy, the computer beeps at me for a couple of seconds...weird

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
Is this a wireless mouse? What brand/model? Does it only do it on scroll wheel or if you click and drag the scrollbars as well?

My wireless mouse and keybard do the exact same thing you're describing- when eithers' batteries get low, the computer recieves all kinds of fantom commands...I'll have 'have' come up as 'hhhaaaaaaaavveeee' and the mouse will go absolutely berserk, i'll bump the scroll wheel 1 click and it'll scroll wherever the computer wants.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.