Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey um im gonna get new ram soon probaly 1gig of ram but i need to make sure im getting the right type. dose a ram stick have to been the same type? and i would like to know a good brand and if im geting for the right price

thx nick

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ deztorix
The safest way is to go to your motherboard home site and see if the have a 'QVL'(Qualified Vendor List') to see what brands and types they recommend.
If you are adding memory to a currently-used sticks, it is best to match new modules(memory sticks) to the modules you have running now.
If you want to upgrade to better modules and/or a dual-channel kit, post your motherboard brand name and model number and what kind of needs and budget you have and I am sure you will get several recommendations.

Newegg is a pretty decent place to shop online for good prices and selection.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx for that, but um how do i find out what my motherboard is... i tryed system info but im not sure about hardware i dont know much stuff on it , sorry for the troble i cause

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can use a program like to CPUID to determine the manufacturer of your motherboard... But, since you will be the one installing the RAM to your computer, it is better to open your case to view your mobo model.. :sayyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k

Engr said:
You can use a program like to CPUID to determine the manufacturer of your motherboard... But, since you will be the one installing the RAM to your computer, it is better to open your case to view your mobo model.. :sayyes:
k thx i probaly will in stall it my self
im not to sure yet but when i get round to looking at it which will be another time ill wring it down and ill take a photo of the in side , btw my comps old and stupid...

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Memory Ten is a reliable memory supplier. Click on the link and run Check My Computer. It will tell you a lot about what you need. You can order direct from them and they have good prices.

Check My Computer

JamesO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.